Why choose JHDPCB?
- Real PCB and PCBA manufacturers;
- Meet industry certification and production standards;
- 99% delivery on time;
- 10+ years of industry experience;
- 150+ experienced R&D team;
- 5000+ orders/day;
PCB Panel Creation
What Is A PCB Panel?
Considering the efficiency of PCB manufacturing, panelization is essential. Aggregating multiple PCBs for fabrication on one large board is known as panel creation. This large board is called a panel and is often used in high-volume PCB production. There are always different board types to choose from during the PCB order placement process: single board design or panel design. Because some boards are irregular, the panels can reduce the time cost and labor for production and testing. Additional planning is required if the PCB is too large for the panel or if there are other special requirements.
We will help you connect single boards (same or different) to large panels through different wiring processes, the reserved micro gong slots can easily break them down into a single PCB when you need them. The routing process is often divided into three types: V-scoring, Tab routing, and punching. Refer to “PCB Assembly Panel Requirements“ for panel assembly requirements.
The advantages and ways of creating PCB panels.
Advantages of creating a PCB panel：
- Increase productivity. Some PCBs are too small, inconvenient to produce, time-consuming, and low in production efficiency;
- Save material. For irregular-shaped PCB boards, if they are shipped in a single piece, it will waste the base material, and assembling the board can reduce the waste of the base material.
- Improve manufacturing yield. Panels protect the PCB from shock and vibration during assembly.
- Facilitates SMT assembly and testing. From solder paste printing to component assembly, soldering and even testing, it is faster and more efficient to process multiple boards at once as part of a large array.
The way the boards are spliced.
V-CUT means that after the processing of the board is completed, a V-shaped groove is cut between the boards with a V-CUT machine, which can be broken apart during use.
Zero Distance V CUT——
There is no space between the board and the board (zero distance imposition) to directly do v-cut, v-cut angle: 30°; additional thickness 1/4.
Non-Zero Distance V CUT——
Reserve a position between the board and the board for v-cutting. Scope of application:
(1) The size requirements are not high, and the V-CUT is not expected to affect the design of the board (for example, the edge of the board needs to be cut copper).
(2) The requirements for the edge of the board are high, and the V-CUT is broken and then polished, or the board is washed out with a mold (the mold needs to have a buffer space).
Note: Non-zero distance v-cuts cannot reduce shape tolerances.
The gong groove is hollowed out by a milling machine between the board and the board or inside the board as needed, which is equivalent to digging out. The space distance between the board and the board is generally recommended to be 2mm. Bridge or bridge stamp holes, add a bridge-like link in the middle of the gong groove, the stamp holes are punched on the bridge and are easy to break.
Formation Rules and Tips：
l The shape of the panel should be as close as possible to a square or rectangle.
l The outer frame of the panel should be a closed-loop type to ensure that the PCB panel will not be deformed after being fixed on the fixture.
l No large devices or protruding parts are allowed near the connection point between the outer frame and the inner board and the connection point of each inner board.
l Four benchmark holes are opened at the corners of the outer frame. The strength of the holes must be appropriate to ensure that they will not break during the manufacturing process. The diameter and position of the hole should be accurate, and the hole wall should be smooth and free of burrs.
l When setting the reference point, usually leave a solder-free area larger than 1.5mm around the reference mark.
JHDPCB is one of the top 5 PCB manufacturers in China. We provide customers with high-quality PCB manufacturing and PCBA with rich experience and first-class precision equipment. All PCB manufacturing process conforms to IPC Class 3 standard and ISO 9001:2015 certification, one-stop high standard production line and perfect PCB testing process will ensure that every product we deliver to customers is of high quality. If you have any PCB needs, please feel free to contact us, we will ensure the smooth progress of your project with a very professional attitude.